Sidmouth Summer Break - Mon 9th Aug 2021
- Duration: 5 Days
- Product code: PED0M0
To find out your pick up point and time - select the number of participants required and click BOOK NOW. Then select from the drop down list.
Sidmouth is our most popular destination in the UK as we take coach loads of Day Trippers who enjoy the charms of this unique little town. Set in the heart of the World Heritage Coast, the elegant town of Sidmouth is one of Devon’s oldest resorts. Its Georgian and Regency architecture has been beautifully preserved and the town enjoys an unspoilt and quiet atmosphere. Enjoy a leisurely walk around the town, along the Esplanade and through the lovely gardens. ‘A town caught still in a timeless charm,’ John Betjemen said.
Spot on - a great holiday destination!
After being collected from your local pick up point around 8.00/9.00am, we travel through the lovely Dorset countryside, stopping on route for lunch. Arriving in Sidmouth mid-afternoon.
DAYS 2 to 4
Tour Itineraries for 2021
As of November 2020, we are very confident that the current situation will improve vastly in the coming months. As you know, we pride ourselves on our interesting holiday itineraries. We also pride ourselves in operating our holidays as close to the advertised itinerary as possible so as such, do not want to guarantee excursion destinations which may not be available. So for some of the 2021 holidays we are leaving the itineraries open to change – these will be confirmed closer to departure when we are sure destinations are okay. Within the current holiday details, we will offer a list of probable destinations some of which will be included in your holiday. We cannot guarantee that all destinations listed will be included in the final itinerary.
Pricing for 2021 – as we are unable to guarantee specific destinations, we have not included entrance fees or train/ferry fees (where applicable). When the final itinerary details are confirmed, there will be an additional charge to include these fees - payable by you before your holiday departs. For most holidays these should be a modest amount. Please be assured that we are absolutely committed to making your holiday the best it can be. If you need any clarification on this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Possible options - some will be selected - entrance/fares may apply -
- After breakfast we depart for Powderham Castle. Enjoying a unique, picturesque setting within an ancient deer park beside the Exe estuary, discover over 600 years of family history and explore the lovely gardens. Always a popular excursion.
- A lovely excursion today as we head to the nearby town of Seaton. We would include (extra charge) a trip on the narrow gauge heritage trams of Seaton Tramway, which travel along the glorious Axe Valley. Beautiful views along the way as we pass through two nature reserves. On route back to Sidmouth, we stop at the Donkey Sanctuary; in a lovely setting and home to hundreds of donkeys, mules and hinnies who have been rescued from mistreatment or retired. There is now a lovely café with views over the farm and a well-stocked gift shop.
- A day at leisure for you to relax. Plenty to enjoy around the town - explore the lovely gardens around the town, find somewhere nice for lunch and enjoy those ocean views!
- A lovely excursion as we head to nearby Bicton Park Botanical Gardens, set in the picturesque Otter Valley. The centrepiece of this historic garden is the 18th century Italian Garden with its fountains, lake, flowerbeds and ornamental trees.
- Late morning we depart for Exeter. Much to see in this historic city which has one of the finest Cathedrals in the country and delightful rejuvenated quayside. If you want to shop or have a meal, Princesshay shopping centre has a massive choice.
- After breakfast enjoy a country drive on the way to the resort of Exmouth where we enjoy a 60/90 minute trip on the excellent Stuart Lines boat along the River Exe estuary - a lovely way to see this part of Devon. Afterwards, we head on to Exeter – dropping in the centre with free time to enjoy views of the Cathedral or head down to the rejuvenated historic quayside.
- Day out to the superb house and gardens at Knighthayes Court. This impressive National Trust property is a Victorian Gothic Manor House, built by William Burges and full of fascinating quirks and curiosities. The gardens here are some of the very best in Devon with a variety of amusing animal topiary, clipped hedges, rare shrubs and excellent seasonal colours throughout. Plenty of time here to explore the walled kitchen garden and enjoy lunch in the Stables Café.
- A lovely short day out visiting the popular Devon town of Lyme Regis
We leave the hotel, stopping off on our return home for an early lunch stop before arriving back in the local area around 3.30/4.30pm.
Meal Plan - Dinner, Bed & Breakfast
3* Kingswood & Devoran Hotel
The superb Kingswood & Devoran Hotel on Sidmouth seafront has a lovely entrance and public areas but it is the ‘old-fashioned’ levels of friendly service and quality which sets this hotel apart. It's just a lovely places to be, and it's superbly situated in the middle of the promenade, giving easy access to the shops and cafes in the town centre with public gardens close by. Elegantly decorated throughout and completely non-smoking.
There is a 5 course table d’hote menu to enjoy in the restaurant with complementary morning coffee & biscuits and afternoon tea with cake. All rooms have en suite bathrooms with Colour TV, phone and tea/coffee making facilities. Lift to most bedrooms.
QUALITY HOTEL - SEA VIEW ROOMS AVAILABLE - £70 SUPPLEMENT PER ROOM FOR BREAK - 2 SHARING